Habitat Denver Summer Youth Program
Are you a high school student 16 or older looking for a meaningful way to spend your time this summer? Do you have service hours to complete for graduation? Do you enjoy meeting new people and being engaged in your community?
We have an opportunity for you!
The Habitat for Humanity of Metro Denver Summer Youth Program (SYP) gives high school students a way to gain valuable skills and make a difference in the community by serving in our ReStores for a summer.
SYP runs Monday, June 10 - Friday, August 9 in our Denver, Wheat Ridge and Littleton ReStores. Summer is the busiest time of year in the ReStores and SYP participants play a critical role in our success. Students will help ReStore staff unload donations on the dock, keep the floor organized, and assist customers with sales.
- Must be 16 or older by June 1, 2019
- Submit an application by Wednesday, May 15.
- Attend an orientation on Saturday, May 18 OR Saturday, June 1, from 10am - 12pm.
- Serve 1 shift a week, Monday - Friday from 2 - 6pm.
- Complete at least 7 shifts.*
*There is flexibility so you can still take any planned vacations!
An optional appreciation lunch and celebration will be held on Friday, August 9 for all participants.
- Learn new skills and gain confidence.
- Complete your high school volunteer hours in one summer.
- Meet and work with different people, including other volunteers and future Habitat homeowners.
- Get valuable experience that can lead to references for work and college applications.
- Receive an official letter of completion.
Don’t miss the chance to spend your summer break with Habitat! Limited spots are available at each store.
If you have any questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
100% of ReStore profits support Habitat’s programs that build, repair and renovate homes for more than 200 low-income families each year. With your help, we can provide stability, strength and self-reliance through affordable housing in metro Denver.