Summer Internship Program
Are you a high school student looking for a meaningful way to spend your time this summer? Do you have service hours to complete for graduation? Do you enjoy meeting new people?
Become a summer intern with Habitat for Humanity of Metro Denver!
The Habitat Denver Summer Internship Program is an opportunity for high school students to gain valuable skills, learn about affordable housing issues, and make a difference by serving in a Habitat Denver ReStore one shift a week from Tuesday, June 7 - Friday, August 5.
- Be 14 years of age or older before the program begins.
- Attend an informal virtual group interview. Signups will be sent out no later than May 4th.
- Participate in the program orientation and kickoff on Saturday, May 21, from 10 - 11:30am or the makeup virtual orientation on Wednesday May 25th from 5pm-6:30pm.
- Commit to a weekly shift, Tuesday - Friday, from 1:30 - 5pm.*
*Interns must serve at least seven shifts for program completion.
Optional Information Session:
Saturday April 23rd 10:30-11:30
This information session will be held virtually via Zoom. This will give interested individuals a chance to ask questions about the program and Habitat.
You can signup at Habitat for Humanity of Metro Denver (volunteerhub.com)
Email Bethany Brown (email@example.com) with any questions.
Applications are due Sunday May 1st 2022.
- Enhance your skills and build confidence.
- Complete high school volunteer hours in one summer.
- Meet and interact with new people, fellow volunteers, and future homeowners.
- Get experience that can lead to references for employment and college applications.
- Receive an official letter of completion.
Habitat Denver ReStores sell new and gently used appliances, furniture, cabinets, and more at discount prices. All ReStore profits support Habitat Metro Denver’s programs to build, repair, and renovate homes for more than 200 low-income homeowners each year.
With your help, we can provide strength, stability and self-reliance through affordable homeownership in metro Denver.
Don’t miss the chance to spend your summer break with Habitat Metro Denver! Limited spots are available at each store. If you have any questions, contact Bethany Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org
Habitat Metro Denver will be following guidance from the CDC and state/local government regarding COVID-19 to ensure best practices for the safety of all volunteers.