Summer Internship Program
Are you a high school student looking for a meaningful way to spend your time this summer? Do you have service hours to complete for graduation? Do you enjoy meeting new people?
Become a summer intern with Habitat for Humanity of Metro Denver!
The Habitat Denver Summer Internship Program is an opportunity for high school students to gain valuable skills, learn about affordable housing issues, and make a difference by serving in a Habitat Denver ReStore one shift a week from Monday, June 1st - Friday, August 7th.
- Be 14 years of age or older before the program begins.
- Attend an information session.
- Participate in the program kickoff from 9 a.m. - noon on Saturday, May 30th.
- Commit to a weekly shift, from 2 - 6 p.m., Monday - Friday.*
- Join the summer celebration the afternoon of Friday, August 7th (time TBA).
*Interns must serve at least seven shifts for program completion.
Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, we will not be hosting in-person information sessions as previously planned. Applicants will be notified about an alternative option by April 7th.
Applications are due Wednesday, May 13th.
- Enhance your skills and build confidence.
- Complete high school volunteer hours in one summer.
- Meet and interact with new people, fellow volunteers, and Habitat Metro Denver partner families.
- Get experience that can lead to references for employment and college applications.
- Receive an official letter of completion.
Habitat Denver ReStores sell new and gently used appliances, furniture, cabinets, and more at discount prices. All ReStore profits support Habitat Metro Denver’s programs to build, repair, and renovate homes for more than 200 low-income families each year.
With your help, we can provide strength, stability and self-reliance through affordable homeownership in metro Denver.
Don’t miss the chance to spend your summer break with Habitat Metro Denver! Limited spots are available at each store. If you have any questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.