Important Donation Info
Thank you for your interest in donating material to the Habitat ReStore!
Habitat Metro Denver is closely monitoring the COVID-19 outbreak caused by the coronavirus. We want to be as proactive as possible to ensure the health and safety of our staff, volunteers, partners, and the people we serve. To that end, we are taking extra measures to ensure that our staff is healthy, and all our stores, equipment and trucks are disinfected and cleaned regularly.
Guidelines for Donation Drop-off (10 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays)
- We are creating safe, no-contact drop-off zones at each of our docks.
- As of September: Our Denver and Wheat Ridge drop-off locations only are now accepting both hard-surface and upholstered furniture.
- We are asking that all donations be cleaned prior to drop off.
Guidelines for Donation Pickup
- While our donation pickup service is a no-contact experience, if you or anyone in your household is feeling ill, we kindly ask that you reschedule your donation pickup.
- When possible, please clean or disinfect your items prior to your pickup.
- If you have any questions or concerns regarding your pickup, please call us at 303-421-5300.
- Our driver will be aiming for a no-contact pickup. This includes face-to-face conversations at this time.
- All metro Denver Habitat ReStores charge a nonrefundable $15 service fee for all donation pickups scheduled at residential addresses. This fee offsets the cost of scheduling your pickup and sending a truck to your location. Note that this fee does not guarantee the collection of your donation.
Additionally, we charge a $20 handling fee for each donated appliance that contains Freon to offset costs we incur for recycling metals, including items containing Freon.
- We are currently scheduling donation pickup 4-5 weeks in advance.
- We cannot enter a residence. All items must be in the garage or outside at ground level, and accessible to our drivers. For the safety of our drivers, we will not be able to go up or down any stairs. Our driver may have to decline/reschedule a donation that they cannot safely retrieve.
- All items must be in good condition. Our knowledgeable staff who come to pick up your donation have the final determination if an item is suitable for donation. If you have any questions, please give us a call at 303-421-5300, or check our list of acceptable items.
- During winter, we will make every effort to pick up your donation. However, due to weather, we may occasionally have to ground our trucks for the safety of our staff. We will communicate any changes in your scheduled pick up ASAP. If your pickup is canceled due to the weather, we will work to reschedule your pick up as quickly as possible.