What Items Can I Donate?
We are currently operating our pickup services in a limited capacity. To learn when we'll be in your area and for scheduling, call 303-421-5300, or schedule your pickup online.
Thanks for your interest in donating! Before selecting the buttons below, please review which items we can and cannot accept. If you're still not sure if we can take your donation items, call us at 303-421-5300.
Donation Items We Can Take
- The list below is for donation items dropped off at a ReStore location. Items eligible for pick up (which is currently on hold) may differ slightly.
- All dropped-off donation items must be approved by the store staff at our donation docks.
- See a printable list of items we accept.
Cooktops, Stoves, Ovens, Dishwashers, Dryers, Microwaves, Refrigerators, Washers
• Must be in full working order, clean, and less than 15 years old.
Find the age of your appliance.
To offset costs we incur for recycling metals including items containing Freon—we will charge a $20 handling fee for each donated appliance, working or not, that may contain Freon.
Sets, Singles, Vanities
• Must be complete with all doors and drawers attached, no nails or screws sticking out; no cabinet parts (e.g. doors, drawers, etc.)
• If painted: must be factory-quality paint/primed
We accept sets of dishes, ideally packaged to prevent damage.
Tile, Carpeting, Rugs, Hardwood, Laminate, Vinyl, Granite, Marble
- All flooring:
- The minimum donation is 100 square feet. The only exception is tile smaller than 12"x12", which can be 50 square feet or more.
- Should be boxed or bundled. Original packaging is preferred.
- We do not accept items for recycling.
- Must be unused.
- Carpeting and area rugs:
- Must be NEW.
- Must be new or used, with no glue or nails.
In good, resalable condition (no rips, stains, pet hair, or floral patterns)
- As of September 2020, only our Denver and Wheat Ridge locations are accepting upholstered furniture for drop off.
- No couches will be accepted for drop off at our Aurora ReStore.
- No office furniture (*Household desks 4' across or smaller and bookcases excepted)
- No baby furniture
- No incomplete bed frames and waterbed frames not accepted
Heating & Cooling
AC, Furnaces, Hot Water Heaters, Swamp Coolers, Fans
• Furnaces, ACs, and hot water heaters must be in good working order and less than 10 years old.
To offset costs we incur for recycling metals including items containing Freon—we charge a $20 handling fee for each donated appliance, working or not, that may contain Freon.
Must be new and bagged
Brick, Stone, Cinderblock, Lawn-care Tools, Slate, Cultured Stone, Fencing
• Bricks, stone, and cinderblock must be palletized for pick up
• Must be clean of mortar
• No used wood Fencing accepted
Lighting & Electrical
Lamps, Chandeliers, Ceiling Fans, Breakers, Conduits, Connectors, Fuses, Junction Boxes, etc.
• No fluorescent bulbs or fixtures, and no track lighting
Lumber & Trim
Minimum of 6’ long with no nails or paint
Must be framed
Bathtubs, Sinks, Faucets, Toilets, Bathroom Accessories, Shower Pans
• Spotless/like new toilets must be 1.6 GPF or less. Must be complete and assembled with no wax ring. No used unattached toilet seats.
• Bathtubs must be standard size (30”x60”). Can be jetted/Jacuzzi if standard size.
• No cast iron tubs or kitchen sinks
Minimum of 1 bundle in packaging
Sheet Goods (Plywood, OSB, Drywall etc.)
Minimum ½ sheet (4’x4’)
Windows & Doors
- No flat-panel doors, shower doors, mirrored closet doors, or oversized doors (standard size is 80” tall)
- If painted, must be factory-painted/factory-quality paint/primed
- Patio/Sliding Glass doors must be vinyl clad only.
- Blinds must be wood or faux wood
- Windows must be vinyl, double-pane, and under 6’x6’ (36sq ft.) in size. Windows must be clean and intact (inserts in frame, etc.)
Some Items We Can't Take
- Mattresses and Box Springs
- TVs and Electronics
- Exercise Equipment
- All Outdoor Play Equipment
- Soft Goods
- Hazardous Materials (Chemicals, Grout, Mortar, etc.)
- Paint and Stain
- Unframed Glass/Mirrors
- Water Softeners
- Ceiling Tiles
- Cement Roof Tiles
- Sub Zero (Counter Depth/Top Compressor) Refrigerators
- Sleeper Sofas
- Metal Filing Cabinets
- Entertainment Centers
- Used Wood Fencing
- Any Item in Non-Saleable Condition