What Items Can I Donate?
Thanks for your interest in donating! You can view a brief list of things we're not able to accept for donation, then check the guidelines for the types of items you're interested in donating. If you're still not sure if we can take your donation items you can call us at 303-421-5300.
Some Items We Can't Take
Mattresses & Boxsprings
TVs & Electronics
Exercise Equipment & Basketball Hoops
Clothing, Toys, Books, Dishes
Linens & Soft Goods
Countertops (bathroom vanity tops are ok with base cabinets)
Hazardous Materials (Chemicals, Grout, Mortar, Caulk etc.)
Paint, Stain etc.
Unframed Glass or Mirrors
Cement Roof Tiles
Guidelines For Donation Items We Can Take
Click the categories below to see guidelines. For a printable version of this information, click here.
Cooktops, Stoves, Ovens, Dishwashers, Dryers, Microwaves, Fridges, Washers
• Must be in full working order, clean and less than 15 years old
• Non-working and older appliances may be dropped off at the Denver, Aurora, Wheat Ridge or Littleton ReStores (not the Highlands Ranch ReStore) for recycling
Must be complete, all doors and drawers attached, no nails or screws sticking out.
No cabinet parts (e.g. doors, drawers etc.)
Tile, Carpeting, Rugs, Hardwood, Laminate, Vinyl, Granite, Marble
• All flooring: min donation is 50sq ft, except carpet which must be at least 100 sq ft.
• Tile (must be unused)
• Carpeting (must be unused)
• Hardwood/laminate (new or used, no nails)
In good, resalable condition (no rips, stains or pet hair)
• Desks can only be accepted if solid wood, one piece, household size (not larger than 4’ across). No office, L-shaped or particle board desks.
• No mattresses or box-springs
• No baby furniture
• No office chairs, desks or cubicles. File cabinets and bookcases are accepted
• No incomplete bedframes and no waterbed frames
• Entertainment centers must be solid wood only.
• No Pianos or organs.
Heating & Cooling
AC, Furnaces, Hot Water Heaters, Swamp Coolers, Fans
• Must be in good, working order
• Furnaces, AC & hot water heaters must be less than 10 years old
Must be new and bagged
Brick, Stone, Cinderblock, Lawn-care Tools, Slate, Cultured Stone
• Bricks, stone and cinderblock must be palletized for pick up
• Must be clean of mortar
Lighting & Electrical
Lamps, Chandeliers, Ceiling Fans, Breakers, Conduits, Connectors, Fuses, Junction Boxes etc.
• No fluorescent bulbs or fixtures, no track lighting and no used light bulbs.
Lumber & Trim
Minimum of 6’ long with no nails or paint
Must be framed
Bathtubs, Sinks, Faucets, Toilets, Bathroom Accessories, Shower Pans
• Toilets must be 1.6 gallons per flush or less. Must be complete and assembled. Clean with no wax ring. No used toilet seats
• Bathtubs must be standard size (30”x60”). Can be jetted/Jacuzzi if standard size
• No cast iron tubs or sinks
Minimum of 1 bundle in packaging
Sheet Goods (Plywood, OSB, Drywall etc.)
Minimum ½ sheet (4’x4’)
Windows & Doors
• No flat doors (must be raised panel), shower doors, mirrored closet doors or oversized doors (standard size is 80” high)
• Patio/sliding glass doors must be vinyl clad only
• Blinds must be wood or faux wood
• Windows must be vinyl, double-pane and under 6’ x 6’ (36 sq ft) in size. Windows must be clean
and intact (inserts in frame, etc.)
• No shutters