Want to find out if you’re eligible to participate in our homeownership program?
Review the financial and general qualifications below to understand the criteria for being selected into our program:
- Must have lived or worked in metro Denver for at least six months (incorporated Adams, Arapahoe, Denver, Douglas and Jefferson counties)
- Must be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident (green card holder)
- Cannot currently own a home
- If married, both spouses must be co-applicants, and your spouse must live in the metro Denver area (cannot live outside the country)
- Cannot be a sex offender
- Maintain a monthly gross income within our income guidelines (see sample Income Chart below)
- Have less than $2,000 in unpaid collections
- Including a Habitat mortgage payment of 30% of household income, have a debt-to-income (DTI) ratio of less than 43%
- Have at least two years since discharged from bankruptcy
- Minimum of six consecutive months of employment on all current jobs, or 2 years if self-employed
*Note: To find specific information about individual Habitat Denver properties, including income specifications for a particular property, please attend an information session. All upcoming information sessions will be posted on this page as they become available.
|Household Size||Minimum Monthly Income||Maximum Monthly Income|
Habitat for Humanity Income Guidelines
(Updated May 2019)
There are two ways to apply to become a Habitat homeowner:
You do not need to fill out an online application if you attend the in-person information session, where you can complete the application.
Note: The Habitat Computer Lab will be open from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Thursdays. If you are interested, please call the front desk 303-534-2929 to schedule an appointment.
Register for our next set of information sessions, where you can:
- learn how the Habitat Homeownership Program works, including qualifications and partnership agreements;
- determine your maximum affordable mortgage amount through preliminary financial calculations;
- see available homes;
- complete a program application with a Habitat staff member's assistance.
6 - 8 p.m.
Tuesday, January 28th, 2020
Habitat for Humanity of Metro Denver Administrative Office
3245 Eliot St.
Denver, CO 80211
6 - 8 p.m.
Tuesday, February 18th, 2020
Denver Housing Authority
3550 W. 13th Ave. A
Denver, CO 80204
Tuesday, March 3rd
Details coming in February!
Do you meet our program qualifications and want to learn more about the steps to become an owner of a Habitat home?
Not quite ready to become a Habitat homeowner?
If you don’t currently meet all of the requirements above, that’s okay! Click here for additional resources including financial coaching to help you understand how to budget, pay down debt, and plan for the future.
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of the U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the nation. We encourage and support an affirmative advertising and marketing program in which there are no barriers to obtaining housing because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, handicap, familial status, or national origin.
Habitat for Humanity of Metro Denver is a 501 (c) nonprofit organization, FEIN: 74-2050021 see our About Us page for more organization information.