Want to find out if you’re eligible to participate in our homeownership program?
Review the financial and general qualifications below to understand the criteria for being selected into our program:
- Must have lived or worked in metro Denver for at least six months (incorporated Adams, Arapahoe, Denver, Douglas and Jefferson counties)
- Must be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident (green card holder)
- Cannot currently own a home
- If married, both spouses must be co-applicants, and your spouse must live in the metro Denver area (cannot live outside the country)
- Cannot be a sex offender
- Maintain a monthly gross income within our income guidelines (see sample Income Chart below)
- Have less than $2,000 in unpaid collections
- Including a Habitat mortgage payment of 30% of household income, have a debt-to-income (DTI) ratio of less than 43%
- Have at least two years since discharged from bankruptcy
- Minimum of six consecutive months of employment on all current jobs, or 2 years if self-employed
*Note: To find specific information about individual Habitat Denver properties, including income specifications for a particular property, please attend an information session. All upcoming information sessions will be posted on this page as they become available.
|Household Size||Minimum Monthly Income||Maximum Monthly Income|
Habitat for Humanity Income Guidelines
(Updated May 2019)
There are two ways to apply to become a Habitat homeowner:
- Apply online through a link that will next be available on this site on April 6.
- Apply in person by attending an information session.
You do not need to fill out an online application if you attend the in-person information session, where you can complete the application.
By registering for our information sessions, you can:
- learn how the Habitat Homeownership Program works, including qualifications and partnership agreements;
- determine your maximum affordable mortgage amount through preliminary financial calculations;
- see available homes;
- complete a program application with a Habitat staff member's assistance.
Check back soon for new session dates!
If you don't currently meet all of the requirements above, that's OK! Find additional resources, including financial coaching to help you understand how to budget, pay down debt, and plan for the future.