Want to find out if you’re eligible to participate in our homeownership program?
Review the financial and general qualifications below to understand the criteria for being selected into our program:
- Must have lived or worked in metro Denver for at least six months (incorporated Adams, Arapahoe, Denver, Douglas and Jefferson counties)
- Must be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident (green card holder)
- Cannot currently own a home
- If married, both spouses must be co-applicants, and your spouse must live in the metro Denver area (cannot live outside the country)
- Cannot be a sex offender
- Maintain a monthly gross income within our income guidelines (see sample Income Chart below)
- Have less than $2,000 in unpaid collections
- Including a Habitat mortgage payment of 30% of household income, have a debt-to-income (DTI) ratio of less than 43%
- Have at least two years since discharged from bankruptcy
- Minimum of six consecutive months of employment on all current jobs, or 2 years if self-employed
- Note: Monthly income-requirement information is provided for each property.
View Our Virtual Homeownership Info Session
Starting Tuesday, July 7th, the Habitat Computer Lab will be open for reservations from 10:30 a.m. - noon on the first Tuesday of the month and from 2 - 4 p.m. on the third Tuesday of the month.
Please note the following:
- Reservations are required. We will not accept walk-ins.
- Masks will be required at all times.
- If you have reserved a spot but begin to develop COVID-19 symptoms, please call the Family Services hotline at 720-496-2726 to cancel your reservation.
If you don't currently meet all of the requirements above, that's OK! Find additional resources, including financial coaching to help you understand how to budget, pay down debt, and plan for the future.