In Kind Donations
Habitat Metro Denver partners include corporations, churches, foundations, organizations and individual donors who donate money or Gifts In-Kind of labor and materials to fund and build our homes. You or your business can join over 66 Gift In-Kind donors to support the building of a Habitat home by donating materials or services.
What are Gifts In-Kind?
A Gift In-Kind is a gift of materials and/or labor that has monetary value to Habitat Metro Denver. Examples of Gifts In-Kind include:
- Someone donates shingles that Habitat Metro Denver would have otherwise had to pay cash for
- A plumber donates his/her time to install plumbing
- A donation of land on which to build a home
- A donation of a home to be renovated
- A donation of overstock home improvement goods to be sold at our ReStores.
How are Gifts In-Kind valued and accounted for?
- Donors submit a form listing gifts and their value
- Donor will receive a thank you letter acknowledging the donation
- Habitat Metro Denver accounts for Gifts In-Kind in its bookkeeping by assigning a value for what it would have to pay for the materials or labor
- The donor is responsible for assigning a fair market value to the Gift In-Kind for his or her own tax purposes
If you are interested in making a Gift In-Kind donation...
Of goods and services to support our home builds. Please contact Chris Sizemore at 720-496-2714 or firstname.lastname@example.org.