Partner Family Resources
Habitat Metro Denver’s Homeownership program continues to grow and adapt to meet the needs of our many families. Our current partner families are working to complete 200 hours of sweat equity per applicant. Sweat equity includes hours spent on the construction site, volunteering at one of our three ReStores, and attending classes to learn how to be a successful homeowner.
Check out the classes listed on the left to plan your attendance at our upcoming classes. Habitat is working on online courses to make information more accessible to all Partner Families. Learn more here.
Thank you to all of our partner families for working so hard to complete the program requirements and ensuring your own success as a homeowner.
This link is for Habitat Metro Denver Partner Families to sign up for sweat equity to complete the program requirements. If you are interested in volunteering with us, please click here to see available opportunities.
After You've Moved In
We are eager to continue the partnership with you once you have moved into your home!
Please join us at an upcoming celebration, or come back out to the construction site.
Click here to explore our many opportunities to volunteer.
Come brush up on your education at one of our upcoming classes (See panel at left).
Your home has a one-year limited warranty.
Check out Habitat's Home Care Manual to keep your home and appliances running smoothly the first year and beyond!
To submit a warranty work order, contact the warranty supervisor or call 720-496-2721.
Resources for Homeowners
Below are some resources we have heard about from homeowners, volunteers, and other partners. These services are separate from Habitat's programs and serve as independent opportunities.
- Mpowered offers money management classes and services to help clients maintain their financial health.
- TAX HELP! Tax season is here again. Contact the Denver Asset Building Coalition for a free tax preparation appointment, or go to their website to find more information. Se habla español.
- CAREER MOVE: Are you ready to get out of your job that just pays the bills, and start a successful, long-term career? Upstream Impact is a non-profit dedicated to helping Denver residents get started in successful careers.
- Bank of America is looking for Student Leaders to participate in Summer Internship programs with local nonprofits. Check out the website and encourage your student to apply. Hurry, the deadline is January 29!
- Family Star Montessori School offers both home-based and center-based education programs for children from 2 months to 6 years. They serve northeast and northwest Denver, and have different funding options available.
- ELK Kids provides an environmental learning program for kids ages 5 - 25 in Denver, Adams, and Arapaho counties, specifically the Montbello neighborhood.
- PAY FOR COLLEGE:
- INTERNET! Check out this website to find information about EveryoneOn, an organization with the goal of making internet access affordable and available to all U.S. Residents.
- COMPUTERS! Check out this flyer from PCs for People, an organization that provides functioning computers to low income individuals to help them access technology.
- BENEFITS! Colorado PEAK provides Coloradans with an online application system for medical, food, and cash assistance programs.
- HEALTH INSURANCE is a difficult field to navigate. Connect for Health Colorado can help you make sense of health care requirements and lead you to affordable coverage.
- While Habitat works hard to meet and exceed ENERGY STAR standards, energy standards change and go up every year. Check out the Denver Energy website to find affordable ways to upgrade your home.
- TREES! Want to green your yard? Contact The Park People. They have $35 trees that they will deliver to your home, among other things.
- TOOLS! Gain access to hundreds of power tools through the Denver Tool Library.
For an extensive list of resources outside of Habitat Metro Denver, including home repair, financial counseling, emergency housing, and legal assistance, click here