Littleton Homes Qualification Process
Thank you for your interest in becoming a homeowner! Here is a step-by-step overview of what to expect during the Littleton Homes homeownership process.
Step 1: View our Homes for Sale
You can search current inventory by location, number of bedrooms and bathrooms, and price. You'll also see each home's square footage, estimated sales price. Your household size should allow for no more than two people per bedroom. Homes are added regularly.
Step 2: Review Program Qualifications
Confirm that you meet the requirements:
- Must have lived or worked in metro Denver for at least six months (incorporated Adams, Arapahoe, Denver, Douglas and Jefferson counties)
- Must be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident (green card holder)
- Cannot currently own a home
- Cannot be a registered sex offender
- Verify that total household income does not exceed 80% of the Area Median Income (AMI)
Maximum Income Based on Household Size
- Mortgage Ability—Provide a pre-qualification letter from an approved lender.
- Buyers must have:
- Good Credit
- Ability to pay monthly mortgage and housing costs (tax, insurance, land lease)
- Ability to pay for down payment and closing costs
- Buyers must have:
Step 3: Determine if You're Ready
If you are ready to take the next step and see if you qualify to purchase a Littleton Home, you have two options:
- Attend an Information Session to hear more about Habitat's program requirements and learn next steps for applying to purchase a home.
- Connect with an approved lender to start the mortgage pre-qualification process. Once you receive your loan pre-qualification, contact the Homeownership Program intake team to begin the program application process.
Step 4: Apply
Homebuyers with a pre-qualification letter from an approved lender will receive an invitation to apply, which includes the following:
- a link to our application packet and document request;
- the packet, which must be completed and returned with the requested documents within five business days;
- the application, which will be reviewed by our team to verify household size and total household income;
- indication of which property homebuyer would like to purchase;
- an assessment of your need for housing and willingness to partner completed by our team; and
- a final selection interview with our team to discuss our three selection criteria (mortgage ability; need for housing; and willingness to partner).
The application process is usually completed in 30 days.
Step 5: Complete Partnership Requirements
When you select your future home, you will sign partnership documents, which will require you to:
- Complete "sweat equity" hours, which includes volunteer shifts on construction sites and at Habitat's ReStores, and completing a series of online homeownership classes.
- Finalize your mortgage loan and close on your new home!