Littleton Homes Qualification Process
Littleton Homes | Qualification Process
Thank you for your interest in becoming a homeowner! Here is a step-by-step overview of what to expect during the Littleton Homes homeownership process.
Step 1: View our Homes for Sale
You can search current inventory by location, number of bedrooms and bathrooms, and price. You'll also see each home's square footage and estimated sales price. Your household size should allow for no more than two people per bedroom. Homes are added regularly.
Step 2: Review Program Qualifications
Confirm that you meet the requirements:
- Must have lived or worked in metro Denver for at least six months (incorporated Adams, Arapahoe, Denver, Douglas and Jefferson counties)
- Cannot currently own a home
- Cannot be a registered sex offender
(Program + approved lender pre-approval)
- Verify that total household income does not exceed 80% of the Area Median Income (AMI)
Maximum Income Based on Household Size
- Mortgage Ability—Provide a pre-approval letter from an approved lender.
- Buyers must have:
- Good Credit
- Ability to pay monthly mortgage and housing costs (taxes, insurance, land lease, HOA if applicable)
- Ability to pay for down payment and closing costs
- Buyers must have:
Step 3: Determine if You're Ready
If you are ready to take the next step and see if you qualify to purchase a Littleton Home, start by attending an Information Session to hear more about the program requirements and learn next steps for applying to purchase a home.
Step 4: Apply
- Connect with an approved lender after attending an Info Session to start the mortgage pre-approval process. Once you receive your loan pre-approval, contact the Homeownership Program intake team to income certify.
- Start the Habitat Program Intake Process, which includes the following:
- a link to our application packet and document request;
- the packet, which must be completed and returned with the requested documents within five business days; and
- the application, which will be reviewed by our team to verify household size and total household income;
Step 5: Home Release Event
Homebuyers with a pre-approval letter from an approved lender and a Habitat Income Certification will receive an invitation to attend Home Release Events. We will offer homes as they become available to Priority List members.
Step 6: Complete Partnership Requirements
When you select your future home, you will go under contract, which will require you to:
- Sign a Real Estate Contract with a Habitat representative.
- Make a $500 earnest money deposit to the Title Company.
- Complete a series of online homeownership classes and the CHFA pre-purchase homeownership class.
- Finalize your mortgage loan and close on your new home!