Habitat's Homeownership Process
We know buying a home can be overwhelming. That's why we'll work with you along each step of the way, and make sure you have the tools you need to achieve your goal.
Here is a step-by-step overview of what to expect during the process of becoming a Habitat homeowner.
1 = Review our Qualifications & Complete our Eligibility Questionnaire
Habitat for Humanity of Metro Denver's Homeownership Program has several requirements that candidates must meet. Save yourself time:
Then, complete the Habitat Metro Denver Homeownership Program Eligibility Questionnaire to help determine if you may be a good candidate for the program.
- Please add our form email address (email@example.com) to your email's contact list to ensure you receive our email notifications.
- To ensure you receive a response from us, please confirm that you've typed the correct email address into email field of the questionnaire.
- If you don't receive an email within 24 hours, and don't see it in your spam or junk email folders, please email us and include your full name, and the email address you submitted on the questionnaire.
2 = Apply
Upon completing the Program Eligibility Questionnaire, you will receive an email notification either inviting you to apply to the program or providing reasons why you do not qualify. Applications are offered via these email invitations or at our in-person application sessions.
3 = Prepare to Purchase a Home
If you pass an initial screening for purchasing a Habitat home, we'll work with you to identify available Habitat homes that meet your needs.
If you're not quite ready, we'll connect you with a financial coach to set goals and build a plan.
4 = Select Your Home
Habitat builds and renovates a limited number of homes each year in metro Denver.
- Homes available for purchase are emailed to pre-screened individuals and families monthly.
- When you select a Habitat home to purchase, you must complete sweat equity hours to help build your home, and the homes of other families.
- See some of the current homes we're building.
5 = Complete Partnership Requirements
Finish your sweat equity hours, and finalize your mortgage loan.
6 = Close on Your Home
Complete the home-closing process, and get the keys to your new home!
Not quite ready to apply?
View additional resources, including financial coaching to help you understand how to budget, pay down debt, and plan for the future.
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of the U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the nation. We encourage and support an affirmative advertising and marketing program in which there are no barriers to obtaining housing because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, handicap, familial status, or national origin.
Habitat for Humanity of Metro Denver is a 501 (c) nonprofit organization, FEIN: 74-2050021 see our About Us page for more organization information.