Habitat Homes in Elyria-Swansea
Habitat for Humanity of Metro Denver is building homes in two exciting developments within the Globeville and Elyria Swansea communities. If you're interested in becoming a member of these communities, see the program requirements, and learn how to apply.
51st Avenue Townhomes
- Beautiful 3-bedroom, 2-bathroom townhomes
- Located in the heart of Globeville
- 2-story cottage-style architecture
- 1,111 square feet
- Minimum monthly income for 3-bedroom home: $3,814
Swansea Homes Community
- Centrally located
- 1.2 miles from 40th & Colorado Light Rail station
- Beautiful 2-story layouts
- Brand new, energy-efficient appliances
- Minimum monthly income: $4,112 (3 bedroom); $4,430 (4 bedroom)
- Must have lived or worked in metro Denver for at least six months (incorporated Adams, Arapahoe, Denver, Douglas and Jefferson counties)
- Must be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident (green card holder)
- Cannot currently own a home
- If married, both spouses must be co-applicants, and your spouse must live in the metro Denver area (cannot live outside the country)
- Cannot be a sex offender
- Maintain a monthly gross income within our income guidelines (see Income Chart below)
- Have less than $2,000 in unpaid collections
- Including a Habitat mortgage payment of 30% of household income, have a debt-to-income (DTI) ratio of less than 43%
- Have at least two years since discharged from bankruptcy
- Minimum of six consecutive months of employment on all current jobs, or 2 years if self-employed
*Note: To find specific information about this and other properties, including income specifications for a particular property, please attend an information session.
|Bedrooms||Minimum Monthly Income||Maximum Monthly Income|
There are two ways to apply to become a Habitat homeowner:
You do not need to fill out an online application if you attend the in-person information session, where you can complete the application.
Note: The Habitat Computer Lab will be open from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Mondays and Thursdays. If you are interested, please call the front desk 303-534-2929 to schedule an appointment.
Register for our next set of information sessions, where you can:
- learn how the Habitat Homeownership Program works, including qualifications and partnership agreements;
- determine your maximum affordable mortgage amount through preliminary financial calculations;
- see available homes;
- complete a program application with a Habitat staff member's assistance.
6 - 8 p.m.
Tuesday, February 18th, 2020
Denver Housing Authority
3550 W. 13th Ave. A
Denver, CO 80204
Tuesday, March 3rd
Details coming in February!
Not quite ready to become a Habitat homeowner?
If you don’t currently meet all of the requirements above, that’s okay! Click here for additional resources, including financial coaching to help you understand how to budget, pay down debt, and plan for the future.
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of the U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the nation. We encourage and support an affirmative advertising and marketing program in which there are no barriers to obtaining housing because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, handicap, familial status, or national origin.
Habitat for Humanity of Metro Denver is a 501 (c) nonprofit organization, FEIN: 74-2050021 see our About Us page for more organization information.