Habitat Metro Denver's Homeownership Program continues to grow and adapt to meet the needs of our many families. Our future homeowners are working to complete 200 hours of sweat equity per applicant. Sweat equity includes hours spent on the construction site, volunteering at one of our ReStores, and attending classes to learn how to be a successful homeowner.
Sign Up for Sweat Equity
Sign up for sweat equity, work toward building your and other Habitat homes, to complete the Homeownership Program requirements. If you're interested in volunteering with us, view our available opportunities.
Sign Up Today
Thank you to all of our future homeowners for working so hard to complete the program requirements and ensuring your own success as a homeowner!
After You've Moved In
We're eager to continue our partnership once you've moved into your home!
Here are resources passed along by homeowners, volunteers, and other partners.
- mpowered offers money management classes and services to help clients maintain their financial health.
- Contact the Denver Asset Building Coalition for tax and other information. Se habla español.
- Upstream Impact is a nonprofit dedicated to helping Denver residents get started in successful careers.
- Bank of America's Student Leaders Program helps connect youth with summer internships at local nonprofits. Plan ahead and apply in the winter for a summer program.
- The Daniels Scholarship Program provides a four-year (annually-renewable) college scholarship for high school seniors who demonstrate exceptional character, leadership, and a commitment to serving their communities. Each year, graduating high school seniors are encouraged to apply in October/November.
- Family Star Montessori School offers both home-based and center-based education programs for children from 2 months to 6 years. They serve northeast and northwest Denver, and have different funding options available.
- Environmental Learning for Kids (ELK) provides a program for kids ages 5 to 25 in Denver, Adams, and Arapahoe counties, specifically the Montbello neighborhood.
Internet & Technology Accessibility
Health & Wellness
- Colorado PEAK provides Coloradans an online application system for medical, food, and cash assistance programs.
- Connect for Health Colorado can help you make sense of healthcare requirements and lead you to affordable coverage.
Home Maintenance & Improvement