Sheridan Square is the largest development in Habitat for Humanity of Metro Denver’s 40-year history. Located on a 4.35-acre former elementary school site in Sheridan, Habitat’s plans include the construction of 63 energy-efficient homes.
- Covered porch and landscaped front yard
- Rear storage shed provided
- Energy efficient appliances
- Oak cabinets
- Private backyard
- Two dedicated parking spaces
K-2: Alice Terry Elementary
3-8: Fort Logan Northgate
High: Sheridan High School
Appliance Features: Habitat Metro Denver homes include ENERGY STAR products such as refrigerators, front-loading washers, and LED bulbs. To facilitate additional utility savings, Habitat Metro Denver incorporates features like tankless water heaters, 90% efficient furnaces, and low-flow toilets.
How to apply:
Become familiar with Habitat’s Program Qualifications and fill out an online application to Habitat’s Homeownership Program. Selection is based on need for housing, willingness to partner, and ability to pay.
- 3-bedroom homes will require a minimum household monthly income of $4,034
- 4-bedroom homes will require a minimum household monthly income of $6,954
Housing payments through Habitat’s program will not exceed 30% of a homebuyer’s income.
- Sheridan Square will create a permanent affordable housing solution for 355 people (130 adults and 225 children).
- Sheridan Square will add 6% more owner-occupied housing units to the neighborhood, creating stability in the community.
- Sheridan Square will bring an influx of students to the surrounding schools.
- 63 new Habitat homes will add roughly $77,000 of property taxes to the City of Sheridan every year.
- In an effort to create a healthy and desirable neighborhood, Habitat has partnered with South Suburban Parks and Recreation to design and construct a small public park as part of the development.
- The location provides a great opportunity to build in the southwest part of metro area—ideal for partner families, sponsors and volunteers.
3 Bedroom/ 2 Bath
Gross Monthly Income : 3BRs $4,034
4 Bedroom/ 2 Bath
Gross Monthly Income : 4BRs $6,954