Register for our next set of information sessions, where you can:
- learn how the Habitat Homeownership Program works, including qualifications and partnership agreements;
- determine your maximum affordable mortgage amount through preliminary financial calculations;
- see available homes;
- complete a program application with a Habitat staff member's assistance.
6 - 8 p.m.
Tuesday, January 28th, 2020
Habitat for Humanity of Metro Denver Administrative Office
3245 Eliot St.
Denver, CO 80211
6 - 8 p.m.
Tuesday, February 18th, 2020
Denver Housing Authority
3550 W. 13th Ave. A
Denver, CO 80204
Tuesday, March 3rd
Details coming in February!
Our homeownership program empowers low-income individuals and families to build and buy their own homes. We partner with our homeowners every step of the way, and provide the education and support needed to become successful homeowners.
Benefits of Habitat Homeownership
Affordability – There are many financial benefits to buying a Habitat home, including affordable mortgage payments that are set to not exceed 30% of your family’s gross monthly income.
Education – Habitat provides a series of home buying classes and workshops that prepare partners to become successful homeowners.
Trusted Partner – Habitat for Humanity has been building affordable homes in metro Denver for almost 40 years. To date, we have served more than 900 local families.
Habitat’s Homeowner Selection Criteria
Habitat selects partners for our homeownership program based off of three sets of criteria:
- Need for Housing (overcrowded, paying too much for rent, bad living conditions, etc)
- Willingness to Partner (investment of sweat equity to help build home, multiple Home Buyer Education courses)
- Ability to Pay (low-income partners will pay affordable mortgage payments at amounts not to exceed 30% of their gross monthly income)
Want to know more about how Habitat’s homeownership program works? View the process from beginning to end.
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of the U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the nation. We encourage and support an affirmative advertising and marketing program in which there are no barriers to obtaining housing because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, handicap, familial status, or national origin.
Habitat for Humanity of Metro Denver is a 501 (c) nonprofit organization, FEIN: 74-2050021 see our About Us page for more organization information.