Exterior Home Repair Program Qualifications
Applicants of Habitat for Humanity of Metro Denver's Home Repair program must meet and follow specific qualification guidelines.
- Applicants must own and live in their home in the metro Denver neighborhoods highlighted within the map below.
- Applicants must be current with their mortgage payments and property taxes.
- Applicants must have an adequate and current homeowner insurance policy.
- Applicants must demonstrate a need for housing repairs by showing that the current home:
- is in poor condition;
- is not energy efficient;
- is unsafe; or
- does not meet city codes.
- Applicants must show a willingness to partner by:
- meeting all deadlines during the application process;
- attending all required events, classes and meetings; and
- completing all sweat equity hours before work begins on the home.
- Applicants must show an ability to pay by:
- proving current standing on mortgage payments, taxes, and insurance;
- contributing a portion of repair costs; and
- earning income that stays within our income guidelines (below).
Number in Household
Habitat counts non-wage income from everyone in the household and wages from everyone 18 and older. Habitat counts all sources of income, including alimony/maintenance, child support, food stamps, pension, retirement, SSDI, SSI, survivor’s benefits, TANF, and wages, but does not count unemployment or financial aid.
Partner families have the opportunity to make payments over time and contribute additional sweat equity (community volunteer) hours to reduce the amount of their financial contribution. All families will pay a portion of their repairs. All families are required to do some amount of volunteer work, but this does not need to be in construction.
Questions? Contact Habitat Metro Denver's Home Repair outreach manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you outside of our service area or need other services?
That's OK. See additional resources on home repair, legal assistance, handicap accessibility assistance and more.