Exterior Home Repair Process
Step 1: Confirm that you meet the program qualifications.
- Own and live in their home in the metro Denver neighborhoods highlighted within the map below.
- Be current with their mortgage payments and property taxes.
- Have an adequate homeowner insurance policy.
- Demonstrate a need for housing repairs by showing that the current home:
- is in poor condition;
- is not energy efficient;
- is unsafe; or
- does not meet city codes.
Click or hover to zoom on the map of neighborhoods we serve.
- Show a willingness to partner by:
- meeting all deadlines during the application process;
- attending all required events, classes and meetings; and
- completing all sweat equity hours before work begins on the home.
- Show an ability to pay by:
- proving current standing on mortgage payments, taxes and insurance;
- contributing a portion of repair costs; and
- earning income that stays within our income guidelines (shown here).
Monthly Income Guidelines
Number in Household
Step 2: Complete the Home Repair Program Eligibility Questionnaire
Fill out our eligibility questionnaire to ensure you meet all program requirements. Once you submit your completed questionnaire, you will receive a notification within 24 hours, either inviting you to apply to the program or providing reasons why you do not qualify.
Step 3: Apply
Those who submit eligibility questionnaires that meet our program criteria will receive an invitation to apply. This application must be completed, printed and mailed to the address provided. If you prefer to have an application mailed to you, you may submit a request via the email address provided in the application invitation email.
Step 4: Complete Sweat Equity
Complete your required “sweat equity” hours, which include volunteer shifts on Habitat construction sites and at Habitat’s ReStores.
- Habitat counts non-wage income from everyone in the household and wages from everyone 18 and older. Habitat counts all sources of income, including alimony/maintenance, child support, food stamps, pension, retirement, SSDI, SSI, survivor’s benefits, TANF, and wages, but does not count unemployment or financial aid.
Contact Habitat Metro Denver's Home Repair outreach manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.