Women Build Week 2016
Sept. 14, 2016Sign up for Women Build Week!
When: September 14-18
Where: Denver's College View neighborhood
Work: Framing and roofing two single family homes. Get your hammers ready!
Why: Learn construction skills. Be a part of our work. Raise funds for our homeownership programs. Make awesome friends. Kick serious construction butt!
The Women Build program has three goals:
- Engage women with Habitat’s mission of working in partnership with low income families to provide affordable housing.
- Teach women construction skills.
- Raise funds in support of Habitat for Humanity’s homeownership program.
Women Build Week is a fundraiser
Each Women Build Week participant is asked to help support the project financially as well as through volunteer labor. Individuals interested in volunteering are asked to raise a minimum of $250 per day.
There are two different ways to make donation:
1. Participants have the opportunity to create a personal fundraising page and invite their friends and family to help them reach their fundraising goal.
2. Donate directly to Habitat online or by check and designate your donation to "Women Build Week 2016 on behalf of 'Awesome Participant'".
Get your swag on
Each participant receives a t-shirt.
Women who raise $500 or more receive a customized hardhat
Women who raise $750 or more will receive a custom toolbelt.
New this year, participants who raise $1000 or more will receive a pink hammer, utility knife, and measuring tape.
For questions and further information, contact Sam.