Staff Spotlight: Meet Reina!
Dec. 21, 2018
Reina is a Denver native who began working at Habitat for Humanity of Metro Denver in 2017 as our first Research Associate. Reina’s typical work day includes analyzing surveys, conducting interviews, evaluating how to collect data and then how to use this data to further Habitat’s mission, and writing reports.
One project Reina’s leading is Habitat’s longitudinal study, which analyzes the long-term effects of homeownership over the course of 30 years. “I love getting to know these families face-to-face. It is so humbling being able to spend time with them and to learn how homeownership has truly impacted their lives for the better,” Reina shares.
“Being able to do something I love every day to help families in the Metro Denver area is truly amazing.” Reina continues, “Working at Habitat is very special to me and I love the friendly environment and all the dedicated staff.”
Fun Facts About Reina!
- Role model: Michelle Obama
- Dream job: Anywhere I can do research!
- College: undergrad at CU Boulder, Masters at Boston University
- Star sign: Capricorn
- Year hired: 2017
- Hidden talent: Jump Rope Champion
- Hometown: Denver, CO
- Hobbies: Knitting and Dancing
- Favorite food: Grilled Cheese
- Favorite musician: Janelle Monae
- Favorite author: Haruki Murakami
- Favorite vacation spot: Anywhere with a beach!
- Least favorite household chore: Cleaning the litter box
- Favorite noise: Running water
- Least favorite noise: Traffic
- What keeps you in Colorado? My family and I was born and raised here.
- What Does Habitat for Humanity Mean to you? Empowering people with the opportunity to make better lives for themselves.