Staff Spotlight: Meet Dustin!
Jan. 25, 2019
When you visit the Denver Restore you can’t miss Dustin because he will be the one with the biggest smile on his face.
Dustin is a Virginia native who’s proud to now call Denver his home. He started working in the Denver ReStore last summer as a Retail Sales Associate, and truly loves his job. Dustin’s typical work day includes loading and unloading donation trucks, helping customers on the floor, and training volunteers at orientation.
Dustin knows that volunteers are critical to the ReStores daily work, and goes out of his way to make sure they feel welcomed and valued.
“If we didn’t have their support the Restore wouldn’t be what it is. It definitely wouldn’t be as organized if we didn’t have volunteers to help us every day.”
Dustin describes his favorite part of the job, “I love working with my amazing coworkers here at the Denver Restore. Everyone is truly valued and this ship wouldn’t run as smooth without each of them, from management on down.”
- Role model: DJ and Brandon (managers at the Denver Restore) are two of the most talented managers I have ever had to work for. I appreciate that they took a chance on hiring me and give me the freedom to express my ideas. They make me feel part of not just a team but a family.
- Dream job: Working here for Habitat
- College: Virginia Tech
- Star sign: Aries Taurus Cusp.
- Hidden talent: Jack of all trade and master of none
- Hometown: Richmond, VA
- Hobbies: Hiking, Biking, pool, darts, poker
- Favorite food: anything I make
- Favorite musician: EDM
- Favorite author: J. R Tolkien, C.S Lewis, Ursula K. Le Guin
- Favorite vacation spot: Hawaii
- Least favorite household chore: Cooking
- Favorite noise: EDM music, my puppy talking to me.
- Least favorite noise: silence
- What keeps you in Colorado? The love of 4 seasons
- What Does Habitat for Humanity Mean to you? Habitat brings positive hope and change to our community and world in spite of hardship. Habitat helps individuals and families in need of homes and restorations live again.