Staff Spotlight: Meet Aaron!
April 16, 2019
Aaron has been a valued member of the Habitat for Humanity of Metro Denver team for just over 5 years. Originally from Nebraska, Aaron has made Denver his home and enjoys his job as the Manager of the Highlands Ranch ReStore. Aaron leads the day-to-day operations of the ReStore including sales, taking in donations, and supporting his team.
“I get to wear a lot of hats. I have admin responsibilities, coaching and training, and I also get to take in donations and merchandise items.” Aaron continues, “I also really enjoy researching high end furniture and tools.”
All of the profits from the ReStores support Habitat Metro Denver's mission of building and preserving affordable homeownership. “Helping people get into homes is in itself home to me,” shares Aaron.
- Role model: Marcus Lemonis
- Dream job: Business Owner/Entrepenuer
- College: Business Major/ Minor in Humanities and Music
- Star sign: Pisces
- Hidden talent: A lot of people are surprised when they hear me sing (in a good way?)
- Hometown: Scottsbluff, NE
- Hobbies: Disc Golf, Guitar, Writing Music
- Favorite food: Mexican
- Favorite musician: For pure musicianship I would have to go with Yo-Yo Ma
- Favorite author: C.S. Lewis
- Favorite vacation spot: Vancouver, B.C.
- Least favorite household chore: Dishes
- Favorite noise: Disc Golf Basket Chains
- Least favorite noise: Crying
- What keeps you in Colorado? Habitat and my family
- What does Habitat for Humanity mean to you? Habitat’s mission of building homes, community, and hope is very close to me. I chose to work for Habitat for the aspect of giving back and the positive impact that our work has in the community and in the daily lives of our homeowners.