Step 1: Homeownership Education
Deciding to purchase a home is a major decision, both for your future and your finances. It's a long-term commitment that requires a solid financial standing and a plan for your future.
In order to be knowledgeable and limit errors when applying for Habitat's homeownership program, please take part in homeownership education before applying.
The home buyer education courses and resources on this page:
- Inform interested home buyers on Habitat’s homeownership program and qualifications
- How to develop action steps to qualify for Habitat’s homeownership program
- Next steps on applying to pre-qualify for a Habitat home
Review the videos below:
- You might determine that now is not the right time for you to apply to buy a home. That’s ok. Homeownership is a significant commitment.
- If you are ready to apply for Habitat’s homeownership program, please scroll to the bottom of the page for further information.
Habitat University Homeownership Education Videos
Thanks for reviewing the homeowner education materials on this page. Below are other printable resources for your review.
If you are ready to move on to the next step in the application process, click the button below:
Wait! Have you reviewed the program requirements and watched the homeownership education videos? If not, take some time to do so before completing the online application.
Why Is It Important to Watch the Videos?
Because you may be declined if you are not aware of the following:
- You must be employed at your current job for at least 4 months;
- Married couples must apply as co-applicants on the application;
- Independent contractors must have 2 years of tax transcripts to substantiate income;
- Watching the videos will help you become a successful applicant!
Are You Really Ready to Apply? Take the quiz below:
THE COMPUTER LAB SCHEDULE HAS CHANGED: NOW OPEN - MONDAYS AND THURSDAYS 10 AM TO 4 PM. APPOINTMENTS STILL REQUIRED.
Don’t Have Access to a Computer or Need Technical Assistance?
Habitat Metro Denver realizes that everyone does not have access to a computer or doesn't feel comfortable completing an online application without assistance. Therefore, we are offering easy access to technology as well as one-on-one technical assistance in our new computer lab.
Computer Lab Location: Habitat Denver Office, 3245 Eliot St., Denver, CO, 80211
Computer Lab Hours: Mondays and Thursdays from 10-4pm
You must have an appointment to use the lab. If you are interested in using the computer lab, please click the link below to schedule an appointment.
Have a technical question?
Call the Family Services Support Hotline 303.534.3616
Do you have any questions? Visit our Frequently Asked Questions page, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of the U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the nation. We encourage and support an affirmative advertising and marketing program in which there are no barriers to obtaining housing because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, handicap, familial status, or national origin.