Volunteer With Our Deconstruction Program!
About The Program
The Deconstruction Program work homeowners who are remodeling or scraping a property. Our team of staff and dedicated volunteers remove salvagable items and bring them to our ReStores for resale. All proceeds benefit Habitat's homeownership program.
Do you enjoy taking things apart and problem solving with a small team? If so, volunteer with the Deconstruction Program. You’ll help Habitat divert useful materials from the waste stream and raise funds to support the cause of affordable homeownership for low-income families.
What Will I Be Doing?
Deconstruction projects include disassembling kitchen cabinetry and countertops, disconnecting sinks and toilets and removing household appliances and furniture. Staff provides volunteers with instruction and safety equipment.
What Qualifications Do I Need?
- Familiar and comfortable with using power tools
- Communicates clearly and asks for help when needed
- Ability to safely lift at least 50lbs
- Knowledge of remodeling and construction a plus (but not required)
Deconstruction volunteers must be 18 years or older.
How Do I Start?
To view available projects and to sign up to volunteer, please visit Volunteer Hub. If you are new to volunteering with Habitat for Humanity of Metro Denver, please follow the steps below to register with our online system.
Please note that court-ordered community service hours may not be completed on Habitat Metro Denver construction or deconstruction sites. If you are interested in volunteering at one of our Metro Denver ReStores to fulfill court-ordered community service hours, please click here for more information.
- Go Volunteer Hub
- On the top right of the page, click Sign In.
- Click on the labeled button to register a new account. Choose a username and password.
- Enter the required information (marked with a red asterisk*).
- Verify your information. Click the Next prompts until the site confirms your account has been created.
- Click on Event Groups. Then click on Deconstruction Program to view project availability and to sign up.